Peachtree Prado Sliding Door Hardware Installation Instructions
Note: The diagram and instructions below come directly from Peachtree, the manufacturer of the products involved.
How to Install Peachtree Sliding Door Hardware
This article details installing the handleset (part #14418) and the mortise lock (part #15320).
1) Mark and pre-drill 3/32″ holes in the active panel for the mortise lock. Attach the mortise lock into the active panel with (2) #10 x 1-1/4″ flat head screws.
2) Using a screwdriver, operate the lock so that the hook is extended and the actuator hub is vertical as shown.
3) With the actuator handle in the center slot of the base of the interior handle and turned down, hold the interior handle against the door with the grip towards the glass.
4) When placing the exterior handle on the door, first ensure that the cylinder tailpiece goes through the hub of the mortise lock as shown and into the “X” slot in the hub of the actuator handle. Hold the exterior handle against the door with the grip towards the glass.
5) Install the two machine screws through the interior handle and tighten them to the exterior handle. CAUTION: Do not over-tighten these screws.
6) Operate the lock with both the actuator handle and the key to be sure the lock functions properly. Check that the key can be removed with the lock in both the locked and unlocked condition. If the key cannot be removed with the lock in both the locked and unlocked condition, remove the cylinder from the mortise lock and repeat steps 3 through 3.
7) Install the keeper through the 2 pre-drilled holes in the jamb using (2) #10 x 2-1/2″ pan head screws. Do not tighten these screws until adjustment with the mortise lock is complete. For a tighter fit of the active panel to the jamb, tighten the adjustment screw.
All About Doors & Windows is proud to be your Peachtree provider. Please contact us with any questions you have about your Peachtree products.